Cimplicity Point Range & Display Limits

BigEndian

Am I right in thinking that for an analogue value in Cimplicity (Data Type Real)
there is no scaling done in Cimplicity?

It seems to me that all scaling must be done in PLC and the display limit is cut off point and range limit puts tag quality to bad if outside this range?

I need to adjust some ranges and don't want to screw up scaling.

p.s. my device conversion on these points is set to none

Last edited:
This is a subjective thing and you will need to work with the PLC owner/programmer to determine the best way and place to scale things. Today some analog devices scale on the input module.

Similar Topics

Good morning, I have a Emerson/GE PLC with Cimplicity SCADA. I need to export data of a specific point/object to a CSV file and load the CSV file...
Replies
Views
Facing Cimplicity communication error at one of our site. We have used Modbus_RTU & SNP Protocol in this project, the devices on Modbus are...
Replies
Views
Is there a simple way to add logging of point value changes in Cimplicity. I want something similar to the Alarm log but for data change events.
Replies
Views
I've converted a Cimplicity 4.1 project over to Cimplicity 8.1. Some of my displays in 4.1 contained the 90-30 PLC status but it doesn't function...
Replies
Views
I keep getting a "cimplicity invalid update criteria for a DDE non diagnostic point" when I create or change a tag. This is an existing...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom