Damper motor problem

pauly

We have a damper motor which we need to test. However the method of connection has eluded us. Can any body identify the makers symbol in the picture attached?

20140414_085901.jpg

I have no Idea as to the MFG either
these are usually analogue - BUT
0-10, */- 5 or 10, 0~20mA, 4~20mA at a voltage (might be 24vdc)
what controls this

Hi pauly !!

Do you have any electrical specifications details?
Else open the cover or enclosure. You may find something printed on the inner part of the cover.

Regards.
Meghnesh

Take it apart and look at it. If it's discrete control, then it probably only has some limit switches and the motor. Even if it has analog controls, you might be able to trace the wiring and understand the terminal board layout. Hard to believe that it wouldn't have a manufacturer's name or part number somewhere. With that information, you could probably find a schematic.

first thing I noticed was the chunk of brass missing from the output shaft. is that the symbol for honeywell modutrol motors? in any case, the terminals are likely to give away the control method and wiring.

l believe the brass missing from the shaft is a means of attachng a spanner to manually open/close damper

yes that was same as i thought, modutrol
open the cover on electric side and we will give you a better clue.

it has a 3 places for power, 2 for the brake and another three for the wiper.
checked in shop but can not find the symbol
Testing them should be done with 24 Volts AC as starter, (check for the capacitor inside.) these were available in all types of Voltages so a Variac will be helpfull.