Program trouble

akahle3

Hi I have attached a picture of the program for a school project and having an issue with the program. The program starts by toggling the start button and the first timer. After the timer the motor is suppose to move forward with output 0 on and the second timer starts spinning the motor forward for 10 seconds. The pause output is suppose to stop the motor for 5 seconds via timer 3. After timer three the motor is suppose to go in reverse from output 1 for ten seconds from timer 4. After timer 4 the program is suppose to restart.

Having an issue with the delay between forward and reverse. Was wondering if anyone has suggestions.

The program is connected components workbench.

Thank You

solar spinner.jpg

Driving your pause bit with consecutive OTE will cause you grief. Use separate bits so you can follow the operation and get the timers sequenced correctly..

one more thing
You can not run the motor Forward and Reverse at the same time. (that gets messy)

As Lemming suggested work out you timer sequence first then add your motor control.

Thanks for Showing your work. Everyone Here will Help those who prove they are working on the problem not just looking for the answer.

Do not use your Outputs as triggers for the next timer (because Forward Output MUST go OFF before Reverse goes ON). Instead, use the timer DN bits to start and run the NEXT timer, as shown in the attached picture. This should be enough to get you going to finish the program.

Program Timer Troubles- Akahle3.jpg

Last edited:
So how do I use the on and off timer functions to turn the motor at same time as the timer is timing. This is confusing wish I was using RSLogix500

Other than not having the .TT bit, the logic is exactly the same ?? In Lancies example to get you started, for rung 2, if you cant use a .TT bit, use a NOT .Q bit...,

Other than not having the .TT bit, the logic is exactly the same ?? In Lancies example to get you started, for rung 2, if you cant use a .TT bit, use a NOT .Q bit...,
Sorry Lemming
This is the 800 series.
You need to avoid using the AB terms they are not the same.
This is the IEC standard totally different
🍻🍻

I am trouble finding the command for timer timing in connected components?

any suggestions

How much programming have you done in your course so far
What stage are you up to?
Is the start button momentary or latching

I am trouble finding the command for timer timing in connected components?
If you set it up like my LogixPro version, then in Rung 002, use your "Timer 2 Not Done" bit (N.C for TON_2.Q). Then the Motor Forward Output will be turned ON by Timer 1 finished, and OFF by Timer 2 finished.