Newbie to Omron CP1L

ta2909i

Hi all,

Input for output conditions is on... LED on device input is ON. However output or output LED does not turn ON.

Without the Device attached, the output circle lights up on the CX programmers Simulator. However when monitoring the Device the circle output stays OFF although the rail path lights up infront and after.

In order to debug, I have really rolled down to the basics as below:

|-[00.0]--------------------------(101.3)-|

I have a PNP sourcing device, and I have connected
- COM to +24Vdc,
- 101CH 03 to Output relay +
- Output relay -

Whats going on?

T

Sounds like you may be missing a connection to DC common(-24vdc).
Are you using an external 24vdc power supply??
Some versions need a DC common connection to the outputs in addition to the +24vdc. Check section 3-5 of the W471 manual.

No actually... it turns out to be simpler than that. Device had not been fully uploaded.

Omron simulator continues to show you your project window when you connect and compile to the device, and the monitor shows triggers on whichever inputs are active on the active project, however the Device can be processing something else.