Restarting the machine after a fault

jtashaffer

I have a compact processor. The program is for a stacking operation. It stacks many different configuration. The problem is when the operator use the reset button to clear a fault the head goes to home position. With that it loses where was in the stack and how many in each row plus layers. I want to be able to use the reset to clear the fault and pickup where it left off to finish the stack. Any ideas about a way to do this would be helpful.

Just keep the reset button from reseting the stack row counter, layer counter, and all the information you need, to pick up from where it left

Ok I will look at the code to see what I can do. how do I go about doing this. The material keeps coming rather you want it or not. Does anyone have any sample code like this. Anything will help.

Some stackers that I've done have a selector switch to put it in manual, then a single cycle button which forces it to go through a complete cycle.

I don't know for sure it might work. I just need it to complete the stack once the fault is cleared.

It all depends on how the logic is written. You might have to re-write it. Use latching bits for each step in the cycle, then let the fault interrupt the outputs, so when the fault is reset, the step bit will still be latched and the output rungs become true again.