Seimens S7 encoder code

Matchu04

Lifetime Supporting Member
Evening all

This evening I have been going through some code on one of our machines that has been having issues with its lateral giudes. The the lateral guides uses an encoder to control its speed. (below 10 pulses.. the vfd uses a jog freq then uses the vfd tourqe limit to set the stop position) That I understand. What I dont get is there is a value associated with the encoder on the ops panel which uses DB102 DB104 and DB106 which is in the code but doesnt do anything.

Code someone just confirm this is the case for me? This bytes arent used anywhere else in the problem so its got me a little bit stumped. The only thing I can think is the code has been changed in the passed but not cleaned up. Any help would be greatly apprecaite.

Encoder_1.jpg Encoder_2.jpg