Step 7 F-I/O Access Error Deactivated or Unusable channel

We added a Safety Gate to FB250

When I add two new I/O points to my ladder program I get the following error message when I save the program.

I did add the symbols to the symbol table and I can get the symbols to show up, but I still get this error when I save FB250.

How can I get rid of these errors? See attached image.

FIO_Error.jpg

I am running into the same issue here. In the F params I see that you can specify what FBs and DBs are used, but I don't see anything where you can specify what IO range is allowed to be used for safety IO.

I am using a 317-F so my IO range in general is up to 8,192.

I310.0 is valid but I320.0 gives me the error.

Last edited:
I got my issue resolved by I am still curious about your question.

What do you mean?

Safety cards are configured as 'safe mode' instead of standard and an IO address is assigned. I assume anywhere in the OB1 Process image is fine.

I assume my issue was the card was set to standard but an error in my project wouldn't allow it compile, so it never updated.

IO Addresses are specified in the hardware manager along with the parameters for all IO modules - safe or standard.
How did you resolve your problem?

I think I was in a catch-22.

I was in the safety logic updating some things when I tried to save and got that alarm. I am not sure if it actually saved the project or not.

So I verified the HW config and it looked correct. Tried to compile, but could not since my ladder editor was open. Didn't want to close it and risk losing my changes.

Eventually I just pressed save again and got a couple different errors / warnings. Pressed save again... different errors / warnings.

Eventually after pressing save about 10 times it saved without warnings.

I am going to see if it repeats the issue today.