Combining two words %MW into double word %MD

IODevice

1. Is there a way to send %MD from Twido to Vijeo Citect 7.20? For example in Twido %MD100 reads %MW100 and %MW101 combined.
2. If there is no way, how can I combine two %MW into one %MD in Vijeo Citect 7.20?

1. use directly %MD word address, this is easiest (one %MD address uses to %MW addresses)

If you want combine two different words (%MW) then you can example move these word values first to two different double word addresses (indirectly) and then you can count them together on double word side on plc program.

(example. you have two word, something like %MW0 and %MW10, you can now see same values on double word addresses %MD0 and %MD10 => add/subtrat/multiple these double word together to some double word address, ex. %MD20. Just remember that you can't use now %MW1 and %MW11 and %MW21 words on program, because double word addressing uses them.

(Another way is to convert words to real and them to double integers on twido, but there will be rounding issues with this method)

2. On vijeo read %MW20 address, but use format long for variable. Long means same as double integer on Vijeo. You should see same value than what is on twido's address %MD20.

Last edited: