Simatic.Net 07/2001

The Siemens "OPC Scout" is an OPC Client.
It will connect to any OPC Server.

You will need an OPC server that supports PPI to S7-200, and another OPC server that supports DF1 for SLC500.

For example, if you have RSLinx ("Single node", "OEM", "pro", "gateway", but NOT "lite"), then you can setup topics in RSLinx to point to the SLC500 via DF1. The Siemens OPC scout can then browse these topics.

RSLinx "OPC test client" does the same thing, as the Siemens "OPC Scout".

Thanks for the reply JesperMP

I've downloaded a Kepware demo and managed to get Wincc V6.0 talking to S7-200 cpu226 over PPI, and also talking to SLC500 over DF1.

Cheers
Sparky :)

Similar Topics

I don't know if this is the right place for the subject at least I'll try. The company has one of the oldest computers that is a master Windows...
Replies
Views
I had a system running WinCC v7.0 SP3 and SIMATIC Net V8.1 SP2. The WinCC Runtime project was reading symbolic tags (e.g. D435.HMIVars.Start) from...
Replies
Views
My problem is that I can not approach variables from OPC Scout 10. I can see Data blocks but not variables. I'm using TIA portal v14, SImatic...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some help!! Siemens Simatic Net 2006 cp5611 has been discontinued, I have a PC with a dodgy hard drive so looking to do a new install...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have a system of 2 PLCs Siemens CPU 315 - 2PN/DP (with a program Simatic S7 V5.5) and PC station runs Siemens OPC server Simatic net...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom