DirectSoft 5 question

BigTuna

Hi,

Any DirectSoft 5 experts out there?

I'm looking at someone's program and I'm simply trying to figure out where a C-Output is coming from. I don't see it being SET anywhere.

Is there an easy way to tell if a C-output is coming from a screen, passed in from the network or coming from another source?

Thanks!

Another plea for proper documentation.

I know of no EASY way to determine where outside control of an internal C bit may be coming from. (That is if there is outside control.)

It may be part of a word which is being addressed (VC200 for example - bits C200 - C217). But then the XREF would point that out.

Check the HMI program is the first step.

I don't see it being SET anywhere.
If your system does have some type of HMI, then most likely that is the controlling device for your C bit. The Automation Direct graphic screens and operating panels do use the C addresses as control bits for the pushbuttons and other input-type bits.

If you are using a communications package like KEPDirect or KEPServerEX to talk to the device is is possible to configure a a tag and write to any address in the device from a connected client.