S7-200 Connecting

swardell

Hi, First time on the forums here!

And my first time using Siemens... I currently have a Siemens S7-200 in front of me and struggling to setup a connection to it. My first issue is i go to add it to my hardware list and i only have

Simatic 400 Station
Simatic 300 Station
Simatic H Station
Simatic PC Station
Other Station
Simatic S5

I assume there is supposed to be a 200 there? Or am i doing something completely wrong to begin with!

Many thanks

S.W

Welcome swardell

I was you about a year ago, but with the help and support of the guys on here I have learnt and still am learning shed loads so dont be affraid to ask...

I use the bigger brothers of the S7200 (s7300 & s7400) and just out of curiosity was you trying to use simatic manager to communicate with s7200?

Thanks for the welcoming!

Yup that was my mistake after doing a bit of reading...
I was not expecting there to be different software package for the S7-200 Range.

Think i'll stick to CX-Programmer & Simatic Manager for now, rather than go down the routes of another software :)

Cheers! Sam

Depending on what your trying to achieve simatic manager is the kiddy to do it on. Plus if you already got it then even better as it cost ££££'s.

On Simatic manager you can do every thing and more that you want on mircowin plus your able to simulate basic programs without having the physical hardware which is perfect for starting out...

Yeah i thought that when realising the S7-200's are in Microwin.. and all the higher end hardware being in Simatic manager.. im probably alot better sticking to Simatic! :)

Really loving this forum at the moment, are there many on here familiar with Omron's CX? as that is where my goals are.. trying to learn a bit of Analog currently..