Connecting to PLC(S7-1200) via VPN

NoName

Hello all.

When I try to connect to a S7-1200 PLC (Tia Portal v17) which has a CP 1243-1 module that is connected to my clients network I get the popup window that an IP needs to be assigned.

If I click yes I get an error - Adding new IP address failed - Ip address allready in use, and the connection cant be established.
If I click no - the connection can not be established.

I checked what IP address my pc has and it's in the same subnet as the CP1243-1 module.
I also tried to add another IP address to the ethernet addapter so that the IP address of the PC is in the same IP range, but TIA portal always want's to set a new IP address?
If I try to ping the IP of the CP1243-1 module, it's no problem... I can ping it...

Any ideas what I could do to establish the connection to the PLC.
Thanks in advanced.
Cheers

How is your PC connected to the VPN ? Via cable or wifi ?
If by wifi, try to disable the cabled interface, or change the cabled interfaces IP to a different subnet.
The online connection in TIA is via the VPN ?
Does the VPN software setup a route ?
Onsite, is the PLCs gateway set to the router that connects to the VPN ?

How is your PC connected to the VPN ? Via cable or wifi ?
If by wifi, try to disable the cabled interface, or change the cabled interfaces IP to a different subnet.
The online connection in TIA is via the VPN ?
Does the VPN software setup a route ?
Onsite, is the PLCs gateway set to the router that connects to the VPN ?

Hello.
I am connectin via Wifi.
I disabled all other network devices, only the wifi adapter enabled and it's still the same problem.

The online connection in TIA is via the VPN ? - Yes I am trying to connect through the virtual adapter that appears when VPN is connected - PANGP Virtual ethernet adapter
Does the VPN software setup a route ? - I think so, the device is pingable....
Onsite, is the PLCs gateway set to the router that connects to the VPN ? - Yes, I attached a screen shot if this is what you mean.

vpn_conn.png

On the PC use IPCONFIG /ALL to diagnose if there is a conflict on your PC.
Onsite, try to disconnect the PLC from the VPN router, and ping again. This to see if there is a IP conflict onsite.
On the PC use TRACERT (IP of PLC) to see the router from the PC to the PLC. It may take some effort to interpret. One of the last entries should be the IP of the onsite router on the WAN side.

I checked what IP address my pc has and it's in the same subnet as the CP1243-1 module.
I also tried to add another IP address to the ethernet addapter so that the IP address of the PC is in the same IP range,
What interface is it that you assign the IP address to ? The cabled interface or wifi ?
Your PCs physical interfaces must not be in the same subnet as the remote network. In that case routing will not work.

What interface is it that you assign the IP address to ? The cabled interface or wifi ?
Your PCs physical interfaces must not be in the same subnet as the remote network. In that case routing will not work.

Hello.

I have two machines at my partners location to where I connect through VPN.

To one machine TIA portal connects without prompting to set an additional IP, but to the other it insists to setting a new IP address.

Under Online access option I tried to reset project specific IP's for the this adapter but it isn't any difference...

I dont't understand what is the difference between the two that I can not connect.

The PLC's are even in the same IP range.
x.x.x.32 - can connect
x.x.x.31 - can't connect

Seiing that I can ping both Ip's the IT department says that the connectivity problem is not on their side and can't help me any further.

Hello.
Was just thinking if there is some setting on the 1243-1 that has to be set in order to connect to it?
Cheers