GE Funuc plc program

sharkwjb

Can anyone help , i need a simple program for a door opener , just up , down, with limits that shut off when reached. No bells or whistles... thanks

Hello welcome to the forum. You would get a better response from everyone here if you described what kind of PLC you are using you said GE but what kind? is it a 90-30, pac system etc..., you should also list how many inputs, type of input such as prox switch or limit switch or photoeye etc that you are using... same thing for outputs. Also describe how its supposed to go up/down, is it when a pushbutton is pressed or is this an auto sequence? you have to describe this in full detail, and above all please show what you have attempted as well, then i guarantee you will get a much better response for this post

it is a 90-30, GE Fanuc, push button control (up, down, stop) , when the door reaches its upper limit the door shuts off and same with the down limit switch, also electrically interlocked ..... thanks

so far you only described the inputs what kind of output controls the up / down of the door? is it a motor thats works of a digital output from the PLC then to a reversing contactor that controls the up/down motion? so basically do you have two digital outputs one for up and one for down? or are you doing this differently? please specify in full detail, also what have you done in the program so far show your work, i don't mind helping, as long as your putting in the effort as well

yes, it is controlling a reversing contactor. I know how to do this with an allenbradley plc , but i am not familiar with the GE programming....that's is why i dont have anything to show..

Show how you would do it with AB and I'll tell you what you need to change to conform with GE addressing. The ladder logic will be pretty much the same. If you use any timers, there might be some changes because GE doesn't do timers exactly the same as AB.

I agree with what steve said, if you have the logic already done in allen bradley just recreate those same ladder rungs and replace them with GE's format of addressing. Below i have highlighted some GE addressing formats, although you can get all this in the help within your programming software

Internal coils - %M this is the equivalent to B bit addresses in allenbradley if you using RSlogix 500 programming software. Example you can assign an address %M0001 for an input. Typing in 1M and %M0001 is essentially the same thing

%R registers - this is the equivalent of the N integer data file in allen bradley, you can specify it as an INT, WORD, DINT etc. Example you can assign an address %R0001.

Also a good thing to note is that timers, counters in GE take up a certain size in memory. For example of you had a timer and you specified it an address of %R0020 then you can't use addresses %R0021 & %R0022 because those addresses would pertain to the timer addressed at %R0020, this is because timer instructions take up 3 consecutive words in memory

EDIT *** actual real world IO such as your pushbuttons and outputs assuming you already have the Input/Output modules on the rack, have the following Input/output addresses as follows:

Inputs - referenced as %I
Outputs - referenced as %Q
Analog Inputs - %AI
Analog Outputs - %AQ

So for example if you have say a 8 point input module and you wired the up pushbutton command to the first input terminal then in your logic %I0001 would be that input.

Last edited: