Panelview Plus animation

ErikG

I'm using a Panelview Plus with FT view ME and I've drawn in several conveyors(just out of rectangles), now I'm trying to animate them to look like theyre moving. Any ideas how to do this and make it look really good?

Hello,
Newbee at this myself but here is one way to do this.

It has been a bit since I have done this so I would have to check and see if there were any visibility settings that had to be adjusted or not.

If you are using just a 2 dimentional rectangle then basically you can just create two conveyors (rectangles) with say lines on them.
Then offset the lines from each other and lay one conveyor on top of the other.
When logic is True for run conveyor have the Front conveyor (rectangle) Blink. It will give it the apperance of motion.
I used this saw tooth design to represent screw conveyors running on one of our Scada Mimics.
I have attached an exampe drawing.

I am sure there are different ways to do this that others more knowlageable than myself might be able to show you.

BCS

Take a look at Library files located in the Explorer Window of your project. There you'll find a display labeled Conveyor Parts. They are animated using system tags. This might give you some idea's of how to get yours to work.

I've even placed several images on the screen overlapping each other. When the equipment is running I start a looping timer. Each image is visible when the timer is equal to a certain number. Rock and stick method but got the job done.

Probably more of a hassle, but I generally create a "Device_HMI_Anim" tag in the PLC, that runs from 0 to 1000 (or 0 to 3600), and increase/decrease that based on the actual device speed.

On the HMI, for horizontal motion, I draw the moving graphic, and use the Device_HMI_Anim tag to control it's horizontal position... Make sure it is drawn so the 0 and max positions are the same. To cover the end bits that would go off the screen, I layer an on-top graphic over the ends.

When I use the horizontal slider animation it works but isn't a nice smooth movement. .. like the speed of my hmi isn't updating fast enough. . you know how to adjust this?

Right on an open space of the screen and select Display Settings There you will find an update rate for the Display. The Default is set to 1 second.