Ascii help

KEV_07

I have the following data coming into the PLC. I need to make use of this data as a string. how do I do this?

1.jpg 2.jpg

The DTOS Instruction. Double Interger to String. I see your using INT but it will work for that also. You'll find it under the ASCII Conversion Tab In the Language Element Bar.

Establish a standard STRING tag (let's say My_String).

Then use COP NDN.Data.ReadData[14] My_String.Data[0] 14

Then MOV 14 My_String.Len

If the characters come out in the wrong order (swapped) then you may have to use SWPB on the original data INTs as SWPB doesn't work on strings. Or you can just do a manual swap of the string's SINT pairs using a dummy intermediate.

I'm not sure if I have your source string tag correct - the image was a little fuzzy.

Last edited: