semaphore (traffic light) twidosuite simulation

insyspower

Hi !

I got this example of semaphore, it works.
Untitled_zps465bdda7.png

But now i want something more complicated.
Using a timer.
The LED Q0.2 is turn on (2 seconds) after press the green buton I0.0. (1st)
The LED Q0.2 is turn off (2 seconds) after press the red buton I0.1. (2nd)

For now only the 1st rung is working (on image), but can´t do the 2nd line(rung).

problem solved, just set on first run, and reset for 2nd run, but now i got some random problems, "analyze program", show green row.
And on automate screen IN, OUT 1..15 etc, it shows a random error "ERR" red color and i can´t simulate,i don´t know the cause of it, so i can´t really fix it, no mensages showed, also i did configured the statup to "auto start run".
Even the simulation is on RUN, the automate I/O box it shows "ERR" red color, and can´t do anything.

Also how to get rid of "time management " , that always pop up.

Last edited:
this runs seems ok to me:
Untitled_zps67b9dcc1.png

S- simulation ->"establishing comunication", them:"error imposible to start simulation"

This type of error are very anoying, and stop me proced with other exercices.

Can any1 give a quick reply ?

on this rung:
http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s366/photo123410/Untitled22_zpsb6e9eef8.png

the mw200 is increased +1 every cycle, at least is what im trying to do, but the value of mw200 it seems random from 0 it goes 1,4,2, etc... and so on.
On automaton box (PWR , RUN, ERR, STAT)
It shows: OUT blink numbers 2,3,4 very fast, maybe bad configuration of mine, so where do i change that, to slower speed or something?
At same time on "animate the program" it seems the delay between the increased +1 value is 1 second, so the LED blink at that speed, that seems ok to me.

The LED Q0.2 is turn on (2 seconds) after press the green buton I0.0. (1st)
The LED Q0.2 is turn off (2 seconds) after press the red buton I0.1. (2nd)
In your program, you used the incorrect Inputs for your Green and Red buttons (I:0.2 and I:0.3 instead of I:0.0 and I:0.1).

I have the Twido software, but no PLC, so I cannot run in simulate mode.

It is not clear about what you are trying to DO. YIn the Dropbox version, you appear to be trying to add 1 to a number each time that Pushbutton %I0.1 goes ON. However, you cannot HOLD I0.1 ON for only 1 PLC scan, therefore you will add 1 many, many times before you can release the button. To add only 1 each time, you need a one-shot or rising-edge contact |P| for your pushbutton %I0.1, so that it only creates 1 pulse each time you press it.

If you are trying to cause the lights to step through a sequence each time you press a pushbutton, then there must be a better method! However the TwidoSuite software is very difficult and aggravating to use, so maybe you have found the easiest method for that particular headache.

Have you thought about using a simple Counter that counts up each time you press the Pushbutton, and then use comparison instructions to turn on the proper light for each number that the counter reaches?

Last edited:
Yeah its working, thanks.

I want to simulate on home (with only software and no hardware), i don´t have the physical automaton (only in lab).
It is possible to simulate the PLC (on Twidosuite) communicating with program (XBT-L1000)the console is XBT-N400, also using a potentiometer to simulate things, the automaton is telemecanic and read the values, and the console print them, things like that, etc.
Also want to simulate a PID, a motor, (using frequency converter, altivar), only with software.

Since the lab is not 100% funcional yet.
I want to try simulate on home with only software, i am using twidosuite does it can simulate with potentiometer plus connect to the console, the console read the actual value of potentiometer and print the current value, guys tell me what software on internet are capable to do that ?

I want to simulate on home (with only software and no hardware), i don´t have the physical automaton (only in lab).
It is possible to simulate the PLC (on Twidosuite) communicating with program (XBT-L1000)the console is XBT-N400, also using a potentiometer(only in the program, not the physical one) to simulate things, the automaton is telemecanic/scheider and read the values, and the console print them (again only software), and manipulate, operations,things like that, etc.
Also want to simulate a PID, a motor in the software, (using frequency converter, altivar), only with software, but of course i dont have any hardware of those, so is any software/s that can cumunicate with both programs (console + twidosuite+potentiometer+motor SEW DT71D4) ?

Last edited:
I do not know of any software that will do all of those tasks. If you find some software that does, please let us know!