GE Rx3i Modbus/TCP Client Commreq - Satec PM180 Power Meter

d.dinh

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a commreq block for a GE Rx3i PLC (IC695CPE310 c/w embedded ethernet) to read 30 registers of data from a Satec PM180 Power Meter via Modbus TCP.

Unfortunately I don't have access to these units in the office to test before commissioning on site so I was hoping for some clarifications/2nd opinions on the parameters setup for the read request (I think I'm comfortable with the open/close requests).

My read request setup parameters can be seen below:
11jp2qh.jpg

I want to read the 1 second phase values from the power meter (p54-55 of the modbus reference manual) in register address of 13952-13981.

In section 2.5 (page 12) of the reference manual, I've interpreted the mapping of register addresses to add 400001 to the register address (6-digit
addressing scheme?) which results in my starting address of 413953.

I'm not too entirely sure what the Unit Identifier is/should be. I'm also not too sure if there are any other tidbits that I need to set up/initialise in the GE PLC as well.

I have been using:

- TCP/IP Ethernet Communications for PACSystems* RX3i and RX7i (GFK-2224L)
- PM180 Manual & Modbus Reference (too big to attach but can be downloaded at: http://satec-global.com.au/manuals#pas

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Duy

I think that the value at IN5 of the second BLKMOV instruction should be 13953 instead of 413953. The value of 3 at IN2 specifies internal register memory which starts with the number 4 and includes all internal memory from 400000 to whatever the memory limit of the device.
Be sure that in your open channel COMREQ your channel number is 1. Also be sure that you trigger your COMREQ instructions with one-shots and that you wait for successful execution of the open channel COMREQ before you send the COMREQ with the data you posted.