Set up GE RX3i PLC to read Modbus TCP

wlr3m4

Is this possible? I want to read values from a power meter directly into my PLC. Is there any kind of documentation on how to set this up?

My CPU is a IC695CPE305.

I'd give it a miss. The implementation of Modbus/TCP in the Rx3/7i is horrible. You are much better off in my opinion getting a Modbus/TCP to Modbus/RTU converter/gateway and connecting it to a CMM module in your PLC rack.

it is just a little complicated, plenty of info on setup though.
I would get through it, once you are done you will have minor problems setting it up in the future.

I had problems with about 4 settings, after I got that resolved everything went great.
It is a lot easier if you only want to read (not write to device)....you don't have to close the connection, just set a timer for how often you want to read required integers.
This is important if you have more than 1 device you want to read from, just sequence the read commands so you do not try to read from more than one device at the same time.

Last edited: