renovation hmi with factory talk

hadi hosseini

Hi all
I want renovate an old automation system.it have two plc . esd and f&g plc.
Plcs are allen bradly plc 5.
The old network is dh+ rs232. My owner want to have an ethernet network.
Two work station and one enginner station. HMI shall be factorytalk.
How can i do it.
Best regard

So you have (3) PLC's - (2) are AB and (1) F&G. Do any of the PLC's already have Ethernet modules? If not, you will need to obtain them and install them.
Then, you need (3) PC's for the Factorytalk HMI's - (2) are workstations and (1) Engineer Station?

Sorry, I read the line that sais PLCs are allen bradley plc 5 and thought that's what you have... So, none of your PLC's are AB?
Hi all
I want renovate an old automation system.it have two plc . esd and f&g plc.
Plcs are allen bradly plc 5.

You will still need to ensure you have Ethernet modules or Ethernet connections on the PLC's in order to make this work.

Two plcs have DH+ network. And convert to RS232 with a converter.
Then goes to switches. i want ethernet network after switch.
I want requare hardware and software for this means.
What kind of factorytalk component is necesary in operation and eginner station ?
How can i read and write tags?
Thanks.
Excuse me i am beginer in english language and this plc
type