Scaling in Schneider's SCADAPack 330E Modbus

ajmist

SCADAPack 330E has various ports and protocols available. I'm using Modbus RTU over serial. I/O Devices (scan packets) configured for this have Gain and Offset parameters available for scaling.

In my case despite polling data in floating point, I need to scale the values (metric to imperial units).

Has anyone had this working? The logical values vs the physical values do not change - ie have an effective Gain of 1 and Offset of 0 regardless of what I enter.

Testing more, it doesn't matter if the registers are float or integer. Integer ones are not scaled either.

I'm using SCADAPack Workbench as the programming and debugging tool.

There is a parameter that enables master scaling. This must be on for any scaling to occur. I don't think you can scale floating point but I could be wrong

There is no parameter that enables master scaling.

Schneider Technical Support confirmed that the device scaling feature is currently unsupported. It does say that in the help file, but takes a bit of finding. "Unsupported Features"