Momentum 171CCC96020 TCP/IP Setup

Sparky_Ky

Hi everyone!

For starters, I'm an Electrical Technician for Schneider Electric. I have a basic understanding of how 984LL works. I can typically log onto a PLC and find what my logic is waiting on. I have a Momentum 171CCC96020 that my supervisor gave me to tool around with at the house. I have been able to sucsessfully write logic to help automatic some things around the house (i.e. opening garage doors, resetting modem/router, control my heat pump). Everything that i have programmed was uploaded through and optional RS232 Modbus card. I've been running without a hitch. I was just curious as to how to actually use the Ethernet capability of my processor. I've asked some of the Automated Controls Engineers (ACEs) at my plant for advice, but I'm coming up short. They suggested using the BootP feature in ProWorx32. I type in the Global IEEE number of my controller and it doesn't show up. I've tried listening for it and get the same response. I've also looked on my routers web page (Netgear R6300) and do not see an attached device on my network. I'm lost and have been banging my head against the all for a few nights now. o_O Any help would be appreciated.

I dont work with Schneider products here. I am interested to see some responses.
In Australia Schneider refuse to help any one.
they insist on sending their technicians to the job.
This is an easy way of taking work off integrators
- Not happy

In Australia Schneider refuse to help any one.
Totally untrue
As an integrator we get a high level of support and assistance when required. They have never refused to help.
Their support for the integrator network is excellent, offering training, some even free. They regularly update us with the latest products and information. They provide integrators with customer contacts.
They have a FREE customer support line (no contract required) that I have found to be more than helpful. The customer support line is open to all not just integrators.

Last edited:
To the OP I have used Momentums with ethernet tophats but too long ago to remember exactly how to setup. I have a vague memory of BOOTP and the mac address. Have you searched the Schneider website for a manual

GeoffC
I have posted this statement about Schneider because of their responce to a request for assistance
You may be lucky in Newcastle but not here.
we are so P'd off we are recomending to customers to not use their products when possible.

It was like talking to a brick wall - And \I worked for Schneider internal sales a while back

Thanks for the replies guys.

To GeoffC

Yes, I dug through several of the online PDFs that Schneider has posted on their website. I followed every instruction to a T. Just as a refresher for you, you invoke BootPlt from the command prompt in the syntax: bootplt "MAC address (in hexadecimal format)" "IP Address (in dotted format)". A good example would be: bootplt 1234567890AB 192.168.1.1. You can also define the subnet mask and default router addresses as well. After invoking the command, the PLC needs to be power cycled. I know I'm going to butcher the concept, but basically the power cycle puts the PLC into a BootP client mode where it can receive the information sent from my computer. I keep getting an error message saying, "Connect on port 502 returns -1, WSAGetLastError=10060 Target IP address not found". I've tried opening up UPD port 502 on my router as well to no avail.

To iant

I only work with Schneider Products. We, as a Schneider plant, are able to order interplant parts at cost.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try to take my PLC into work tomorrow and setup it up using Concept. The version that we have stored on the company network drive doesn't play well with windows 8. Currently, I'm using ProWorx 32 to setup my controller. There's some irony for ya. ProWorx 32 works on Windows 8, but not Concept, at least not V2.6 anyway.

Thanks for the info.
Years ago I worked for a company with industrial clout. It seems some companies now stop there
Sad really.

I feel like a moron now. After digging a little more online, I found the two ports I needed to trigger in order to complete the IP write. So, BootP is a protocol right? It needs specific ports open to be able to communicate between devices. I enabled UDP ports 67 and 68 (client and server; not sure which is which) and was able to write my IP address. Afterward, I went into Proworx 32 and was able to go online and write to the controller and flash the EEPROM. Thank you for your help guys. I'm glad I found this site and hope to be able to contribute something one day. I would like to make the jump from electrical technician to electrical engineer one day.

At 56. I have no wish to do any further education. Maybe I might start teaching.