Momentum plc issue

rkd2777

Hello All,

I have old momentum plc with concept software on it. Its using in filter plant. so somehow all of sudden all effluent valve went to closing mode and other valve get alarm for fail to open/close. it happened randomly and i do not see any fault on plc. I replace AO card coz i thought AO card is going bad since it was closing both filters effluent valve. but did not solve issue. it happened randomly and for like couple of seconds if i clear alarm and put filter back online it start working as i should be. i am not sure what causing this ghost mode issue. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

This is difficult, no real information, it could be anything.
Hardware failure, some kind of failure on a sensor that is used in the program, power loss the list goes on, first of all you need to do some detective work, can you monitor the system or look at the program to see what might cause the valves to close, what types of valves, pneumatic, electric, motor driven.
With no information it's akin to try & explain why flight MH7 or what ever it was disappeared.