FactoryTalk ME Local Tag DB Crashes Constantly

cschlue

Has anyone else ever had an issue with the local Tag database in FactoryTalk crashing randomly? it happens several times a day to me, I've got all the latest patches from the Allen Bradley support site.

It looks like it runs off a local instance of SQLExpress (the FTVIEWX64TAGDB SQL Instance if you go to SQL manager) I've tried restarting the sql DB service and connector to see if it's possibly due to that crashing but it doesn't fix the issue. The tag browser will freeze when opening it sometimes too.

Whenever this happens I have to restart my laptop in order to edit local tags.

My project files are around 7mb, so I don't believe they're too large or anything like that.

Similar Topics

Can the HMI tag descriptions be selectably translated? Scenario: We use the local Alarm tag descriptions to as alarm messages that are displayed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to export data from a DataGrid to Excel using VBA, but I'm getting an error "Object doesn't support this property or method". The...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am having a problem with conversion from RSView32 to FT View SE Local project on version 12.00 (CPR 9 SR 12). Firstly, I have...
Replies
Views
As per title, I am looking for a way to import the design paths for factorytalk studio. I don't have a personal work laptop but use one of 3 or 4...
Replies
Views
I am upgrading one of our sites from Rsview32 to Factorytalk View SE Local Station on Win10 and I have the program all set up and switched over...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom