RSView 32 conversion to FactoryTalk View Site Edition Local 12.0 and Demo Mode

kuchja

Hello everyone,
I am having a problem with conversion from RSView32 to FT View SE Local project on version 12.00 (CPR 9 SR 12).
Firstly, I have converted the project from RSView32 to FT View 6.1 using the Tag database legacy conversion tool and everything worked fine except for alarms. The ActiveX problem showed up in every version i have tried from 6.1 to 12.00. Then I have used the Alarm migration tool with hope to solve problems in a newer versions (10.00+).
Unfortunately, I was not able to find any helpful information on the internet as of how to solve this issue properly so I am asking you instead. The ActiveX folders are on old PC with Windows XP installed and I am tasked to run the HMI project on Windows 10 PC to improve security. Is there any way to move the ActiveX files/folders to new PC to enable alarms in my HMI project? If so, where do I find them?
Also we have a license for FT View SE, but title of the application shows “Demo Mode”. But everything (except for alarms thanks to ActiveX) works fine.

FTView ActiveX.png FTView Demo Mode.png FTView License.png

Thank you, do you have any tips how to find them? I dont have much background with HMIs so I am trying to grasp as much information as possible.

Thank you once again. I will try your advice tomorrow as I am not at work anymore and share the outcome to this feed.

Oh, those darn ActiveX objects. Always issues with these things. As sigmadelta noted, we know there is an error on the F4_Alarm_History display. But we don't know yet about other displays. I don't know that you can search an entire application for ActiveX objects. The search and cross reference tools in View are geared at searching for tags instead of types of objects. However there is a way to search within a display. You would just have to repeat this for each display.

1. Open the first display to be searched
  2. Go to the View menu and select Object Explorer. Note that in newer versions this tool is automatically displayed along the right edge of your screen
  3. Click Settings
  4. In the Obect type section, check the box for ActiveX Object and click OK
  5. Check the Highlighting on button next to Settings
  6. Any of these objects should now appear with a red outline within the Object Explorer window and on the display itself

You would need to repeat this for each display to locate all ActiveX objects.

OG

Last edited:
Thank you sigmadelta and Operaghost.
I have found 7 other displays with ActiveX and pretty much same issues. Can I somehow move them from the old PC or do I have to configure them from scratch? I have nver worked wih them and I dont know how to set them up so it would be a relief..