Factorytalk Embedded Tags

techboi

Hi there, I'm hoping all you bright minds out there can help me with something that I've been stumped by. We use Factorytalk PanelView Plus 1000 panels in our business, and multiple panels handle similar functions. All the tags on the panels are linked to our PLC, the CompactLogix L33ER. For each of the panels that have the same function, I would like a portion of the tags that buttons and notifications are linked to to be dynamic, so that I don't have to manually change them all each time.

For example, a tag would currently read:
{::[PLC]Program1:panel_1:Tag1}
and if I want to have the same program on another panel, but need the data to not be overwriting, I would have to manually make a change to:
{::[PLC]Program1:panel_2:Tag1}

What I would like to do instead is something like:
{::[PLC]Program1:panel_{Number}:Tag1}
where the {number} is another tag (be it local to the panel or a tag from PLC, doesn't matter to me) where it will automatically be switched out. That would allow me to build one program for factorytalk and deploy it on all panels. Then, for example, when the panel boots up, the user clicks which position they are in (panel_1 or panel_2 in the above case) and all tags are transmitted correctly without me having to change other things.

I can't use parameters (I think) because there are dozens of different displays the panels can have. I would also prefer to avoid macros if there would be a performance impact.

Any suggestions as to how I would accomplish something like this?
Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately you'd don't have may options w/the panelview.

Parameter Files, creative visibility and duplicate screens are about it. Parameter Files can't be nested, so it allows you to do some of what you need, but you'll hit limitations quickly. So depending on how simple or complex your screens are, you may have to get extremely creative. Some combination of Parameter Files, layered objects and visibility.

You'll want look deeper into global connections/global objects this might give you some other options.

Save the headache and create a different application for each.
Make all the tags HMI tags (in the HMI tag database), then export to .CSV, make your edits for the different panel, and re-import them to a copy of the application.