New to PLC / Kind of / Need some advice please

Automater

Hello all and thank you for making this awesome forum.

First of all, my English is not the best, so please try to bare with me.

I love automation, and I want to start.

This is what I have.

SLC 500 / 5/04 CPU - I have the case and power support and a few input / output cards.

Questions

1. What cable must I get to program the SLC 500. Would it be this one ( Series USB-1747-CP3) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Allen-Bradley-Programming-Cable-SLC-Series-USB-1747-CP3-/400235279005?pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Automation_Control_ET&hash=item5d2fe1b29d
2. Can you use RSLOGIX 5000 with the equipment I have above.

This is what I want to tackle first.

Thank you in advance. (y)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you, any added benefit for going down the DH+ route?

Only if you are trying to create a network of multiple PLC's/SCADA/HMI together that support DH+ protocol.

Its old technology so few devices are going to support it in the future.