MRJ-3 Servo Stalls

macgioo2

Hi Guys,

I have a small intermittent problem.

I have two servo's operating two walking beams. But occasionally one stalls.

The output to drive the servo (Y12 in this case) is on but the servo doesn't move.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm stumped!

Thanks

Make sure you have voltage on Y12. just because the output led is on doesn't mean the driver is recieving its signal, also have you external speed selectors or move enable devices. Make sure they are selected.

Thanks for getting involved guys!

X00 and Y00 are on yes. This is usually a mid position move and doesn't happen at the start of any sequence.

There is no error codes on the amp or reported from it.

I was wondering if it's a scan time issue as the memory in the PLC is full to the brim!?

Badger,

Nothing is impossible, but it would be a serious ball ache and in front of the customer a bit like clutching at straws.

I'd like to blame the programming but all move commands are structured the same, but its always the same position which it stalls.

I'm wondering if it isn't something internal to drive, the pitch between the first and second position in small in comparison to the second and third and we are moving at high speed. But it should report something back????

I have no clue!

Hi macgioo2,

I am not quite sure if I understand what a walkin beam is, but I have googled it and seen some pictures.
It is to motors running at same time. The motors are facing each other, so one has to run clockwise and the other counterclockwise right?

If so, I would start thinking about things like.

1) How is the system setup? Do you use the virtual machine function? interpolationen or?

2) The system has worked from beginning?

3) Same load on both motors?

4) What PLC are you using and what software have you used?

/Dariusch