Melservo J5 by HMI control without PLC

dearannie21

Hi,

I'm thinking about using commands for Melservo J5 controller via HMI without PLC.

Have you guys done this kind of control configuration for Melservo?

if anyone knows or familiar of this, please share our knowledge like communication methods, command methods (start, stop, alarm, and so on)

Thanks,

It is possible, but I do not advise you to do it. J5 is extremely fast, and HMI is always on order of several magnitudes slower. If your HMI is sufficient for motion control, than most likely you do not need servo, but VFD with closed loop would do a job. There are also lot of safety issues in this kind of setup.

My application will be simple as motor start and stop for brush.
What communication methods do you recommend to control by HMI without PLC?