Mitsu melservo MR-J5-G-N1 (EtherCAT) firmware update

Never77

Hello everybody.
I encountered a problem - I don’t know how to update the firmware on the Mitsu MR-J5-40G-N1 (ethercat) servo amplifier. My amplifier has factory firmware version C2, which does not support EoE (ethernet other ethercat), which is necessary to connect MR Configurator2 via ethercat. Starting with firmware version C4, this option is available.

The firmware files themselves, downloaded from the mitsu website, are there. When trying to update via USB using FWUpdateTool, the error “the firmware version of connected servo amplifier does not yet support this tool” appears. The documentation only describes the update process via cclink, which is not suitable because I cannot set the IP address to the amplifier.

Please tell me how can I update it?

There is program FWUpdateTool.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\MELSOFT\MRC2\OptionTools folder, that is used for firmware update.