What piece of software do I need to open these programs

philipspence

Hello everyone this is my first post. Thanks for any help.

I have a project that I am about to work on that requires me to work with both a Modicon PLC and a Sy/Max PLC. The company that I will be working for sent me a folder with a group of files. However, I do not know the model number of the PLCs.

The file extensions are .MWF, .MWP, .LBL, .RNG, .BIN, and .ASC

I have no experience with these processors, so I have never seen these file extensions before. I was just wondering if anyone could enlightening me with the programs needed to open these files.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Just zip and post the files, maybe someone can open them and re-post them in pdf form for you. By the way, you may be able to open the .lbl file with notepad for clues. Try them all with notepad orif that doesn't work, try Wordpad.

No problem,
I have not worked with any of them, so I probably should not even be responing to your post.

Off shift and bored. Not much to do out here other than work, the forum is a good way to pass the time and I learn a little every day reading about problems others run into.

Good luck
BCS

So, it seems that I could use a DOS program called "toolbox" to edit this application. I will need to check to see if that program is available, or if there is another application that can open this extension type. I just need to see how the routines are laid out. Since, I will be redoing the application with AB hardware.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Just zip and post the files, maybe someone can open them and re-post them in pdf form for you. By the way, you may be able to open the .lbl file with notepad for clues. Try them all with notepad orif that doesn't work, try Wordpad.

I will have to get with my manager about this, I am not sure that the company we are working for would like this. I was able to open the .lbl files with notepad++. Haven't found anything useful yet, but I will keep looking.

Thanks for your help.

See attached for the files. Any help is appreciated. Thanks