RSLOGIX 5000 v11 issue

jmaty23

I need to install Rslogix 5000 v11 to view a processor file. Does anyone know the newest operating system v11 is compatible with?

I tried installing v11 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit and it crashes at the end of the v11 install.

I will try to install Windows XP mode to see if this works. Thank you!

I did this with V11 just a couple weeks ago and it worked fine. No problems.

EDIT: I had problems with activation having the activation number tied to my internal network card. In XP mode, RSLogix wouldn't see the activation. I have a good tutorial from RA Tech support on how to use your loopback address to make activation work properly.

Last edited:
Windows 7 32-Bit is the newest I have been able to install V11 on to support the older equipment on site. For the rest of my "Maintenance" laptops I have a windows 7 x64 enterprise host running a Windows XP x32 which works wonderfully.

I installed V11 a while back in W7 64 bit and although it crashed at the end of the install, it still worked fine.