Gx-Dev vs Melsec Mdeoc PLUS

Jane

J
I was confronted with a most funny situation.

I conected my GX-Dev Software with an A1S PLC which is loaded with a program built wit Melsec Medoc PLUS 2.40

First, I was greeted with a message stating that I had the wrong PLC. It was an A3U and if I wanted to change. I said Yes.

Then, after uploading the content of the PLC, There where a lot of yellow colored rungs . Just like one changes the PLC type, say from an F2 CPU to an FX and some functions just don't exist in the newer one, ot they are called different names.

Some rungs where simply bad. like an M9000 NO contact to the left with nothing more. Emptyness to its right.

Other bad rungs had coils directly connected to the power bar at the left of the screen.

When I do a "program-check" with GX-Dev it finds all those "errors" but are they?

The PLC is connected to a PC that has this Melsec Medoc PLUS in it. I call for a program verification and it matches what is on the HD. I call for program-check and it finds no errors.<

So I tend to beleive that those GX-Dev founded errors are only, "lost in translation".

Whats with this Melsec Medoc IEC ****? Having surfed the screens it looks to me like FB editing only. Very few Ladders.

Is there a way to at least get I/O comments out of it to load into Gx-Dev?

Should I just correct the bad rungs in Gx-Dev and go on with my life?

Your help will be appreciated.

Is Medoc Plus a DOS-based program? If so, don't think you can get the comments import into GX-DEV...at least I haven't been able to.

:D
The way I see it is that GX-Dev and Melsec Medoc Plus is real crappy to work with. It is actually an excuse for a software product. Rather use normal good old Medoc(it still runs on Win 2000). What you see is what you get. Melsec Medoc Plus generate such a lot of **** before it downloads it to the PLC that you need to be a brain surgeon to figure it out.

I've given the Germans a piece of my miond about the poor performance of GX and MM+ but thye don't really care. They still sell PLC's so why worry?

As for a programming tool that really delivers there is only Concept. But then once again I'm also a Mitsubishi fan.

Have fun!

Wow! Marcell.

First, how the heck did you know this machine was built in Germany? (Is this software only sold in Deutchland?) Tried to chat with them programmers but there having 2 days off right now.

Second, I really can connect with you, Modicon Concept with them Quantum PLCs(since the upload enabled version is out) and Mitsu with Fx2N or Q serie PLCs are my personal best of the bests.

Last, I have never found a PLC program I didn't find a good use for it seemingly bizare GUI (exept for Télémécanique). I hope I can find some good stuff about this MM+ ?????

Next monday the blown A1S68DAI modules will have landed at our local church and I hope I can get this baby back on line and have the bells and whistles running.

IMH there is no reasons, absolutly no way, I cannot extract the bits comment from MM+ and insert them back into Gx-Developer. I guess I'll have to find how the hard way. Myself :(

Jane,
the software is written by a crowd in Germany somewhere. There are also different versions of CPU's(like the U instead of the A) for different parts of the world. In South Africa we get the U models. Don't ask me what the difference is?
I still have to find a good use for a Tele, apart from using it as a paperweight!

Cheers

Let me know if you want a copy of Medoc NT.