TIA portal - Next/back page

alanyap

guys, i'm currently i'm working with a small HMI touch screen panels, it is very hard to fit everything into a screen and making a home button where the user need to click back and forth to change the screen, i've came out a new idea to reduce the space consumed by excessive page buttons in stead of using "Next" and "Back" page button.

since i'm very new to TIA portal, is there any way to make these two buttons that can change a variable that selecting the screen by numbers?
I came across this method,
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=24372774&caller=view

but in the HMI the button should be set "ActivateScreenByNumber" and the number is fixed.

Is there any other possible way to make this "Next"/"back" Page button work by implementing this idea??

i = o
if (buton1_Pressed){ i + 1;}
if (buton2_Pressed){ i - 1;}
if(i>10){i = 0;}
case i
case 0 : Activate screen 0;
case 1 : Activate screen 1;

Wish to hear from you guys soon~
Thanks

Alan

Instead of trying to fit in a button on a part of your page. Why not make another page indicating the activation you want to initiate.In this case you will be only needing a home page that is tagged to your additional screen.

Hello Alan,

How about a dropdown list? It is already implemented in TIA portal by default, at least in V12 so you just need to set the list.

Basically you have a list of screen name and screen index associated. A drop-down selection is displayed on top of the screen. To change to a new screen you just need to select it.

Here's a snapshot

SiemensHMI.jpg

hi alfreddiaz03, i've already done that method its a good method. Since my project have a high number of pages and it was the main control HMI, it would be very tedious for the operator to go back and forth... So, i'm looking for a better alternative so ease out the page selection.

hi nachovr, this is also a great idea.. i will try to implement this idea but i scared my screen is very hard for the operator to choose the pages, is there some general settings that i can change the font and the size of rows that ease out the operator to select the menu?

Thanks alot!!

Alan

Alan,

Yes, you can re-size the dropdown to your needs. Change the font-size and the size of the row will change accordingly. You can also change the number of items to be displayed. In my example above I set it to match the number of screens. If the number of items to be displayed is less than the number of screens you will be shown with a scroll bar which in my opinion is not very user-friendly in a touch screen