TIA Portal v18: WinCC: NEXT button valid only when user logs in...

Mas01

I've got this start screen where the user has to enter their username and password.

The username and password feature works fine.
However, I want to only allow the user to be able to select NEXT when the operator has successfully logged in.

How can I either "grey-out" or disable the NEXT button until after correct credentials have been entered?

I'm finding that the HMI/layout side of things is taking up quite a bit of my time, at the moment.

Thanks

LOGIN screen.png

Last edited:
Under the Security -> Runtime Security in the button properties, you can select what rights the user needs to be able to operate the button. Only works if you're using the built in user administration.

If you're rolling your own/doing it in the PLC, then you probably want to just make the button invisible with an animation.

Under the Security -> Runtime Security in the button properties, you can select what rights the user needs to be able to operate the button. Only works if you're using the built in user administration.

If you're rolling your own/doing it in the PLC, then you probably want to just make the button invisible with an animation.

Okay, mate - many thanks for this.

Okay, mate - many thanks for this.

🍻

Every so often, it's nice to answer a question with an answer like "oh yeah, use this check box over here" instead of typing out arcane instructions that involve a goat and a full moon and 2 laptops but it only works if one of them is yellow and no one knows why.

Just a quick update, @mk42, to say this worked a treat.
Cheers

I used to manage visbility in WinCCFlexible by storing the user group in an variable. This was done by usung the scheduler (device settings). An action was set to excecute on change of user (logon or off) which fetched the groupnumber (GetGroupNumber) and stored it as an int.

I presume that you can still do somehting similar (I don't write much code these days)

Nick

Nick

I used to manage visbility in WinCCFlexible by storing the user group in an variable. This was done by usung the scheduler (device settings). An action was set to excecute on change of user (logon or off) which fetched the groupnumber (GetGroupNumber) and stored it as an int.

I presume that you can still do somehting similar (I don't write much code these days)

Nick

Nick

Interesting, I'll have a look into this.
GetGroupNumber is definitely in there - I've seen it when doing other tasks.

Interesting, I'll have a look into this.
GetGroupNumber is definitely in there - I've seen it when doing other tasks.

I had a quick play with TIA V17 and it is definately still there. Define an action in the scheduler to execute on change of user which is login or logout. In addition to getting the group, you can also get the username as a string to display somewhere as current user.

Nick