Tia portal v18 online issue.

Rs5212

Tia portal v18 issue,online icon greyed out but plc comms must be established as.blocks showing and no offline copy on laptop.

Tia portal v18 issue,online icon greyed out but plc comms must be established as.blocks showing and no offline copy on laptop.

Can you post a screenshot, at a minimum? Not understanding what you're saying.

If blocks are showing with no.project, you are using the Online Access tool to browse your CPU over the network. You are already online.
If you are referring to the glasses icon, that is Monitoring, which is not possible through the Online Access tool (as far as I have observed).

I am trying to go online with a previously created project.I do not have a copy of this plc program on my laptop. Is this the reason I cannot go online but can view details of the plc.

Without the project you cannot monitor the logic. You may upload the controller to an empty project (Project > New, then highlight the project and select Online> Upload device as new station) and then monitor the logic.

The controller you have is an S7-300 series, which does not save symbol names on the CPU, so the program you upload will be mostly useless.

You need the original project.

Last edited: