Tia portal v18 HMI simulation

Abouda

hello every one.
i'm new to tiaportal, i have created new project and HMI screen
the program works fine with PLC-sim, but when i try to cntrol the program with the HMI screen i see no effects on the inputs or outputs
knowing that when i edit the inputs from PLC-sim i can see the changes in HMI screen
(HMI screen is effected by PLC-sim changes but not the oposite)
i have used the the correct tags ans HMI tags
how can i fix this problem so i can use my HMI in simulation?

IIRC, there a checkbox for each PLC tag that determines whether it can be written from an external source e.g. from an HMI. Do you have that checkbox configured so the tags' values can be written?

IIRC, there a checkbox for each PLC tag that determines whether it can be written from an external source e.g. from an HMI. Do you have that checkbox configured so the tags' values can be written?
the checkbox is already checked to writable from HMI
i have tried changing the tags to memory tags ( used M0.0 instead of I0.0) and that worked
do i have to always use memory tag even if it is an input not a memory ?
PS: i have made M0.0 instead of I0.0 in the program and HMI tags

Normally, you cannot write to inputs only internal tags & outputs (outputs would be energised in the program so no point) if you are simulating the HMI & not the PLC then create a mapping block so you map the inputs to internal tags & internal tags to outputs & use those in the program instead of the real I/O then do not call the block for simulation, then when you get to commissioning just enable the call to the mapping routine, what I do is give the internal tages almost the same name i.e. if the input is TK01_XV003_OP_PX Then the mapped tag becomes TK01_XV003_OP_PX_M ("M" for mapped) Simulators have the ability to force inputs on/off but this is rare in most PLC's.

Normally, you cannot write to inputs only internal tags & outputs (outputs would be energised in the program so no point) if you are simulating the HMI & not the PLC then create a mapping block so you map the inputs to internal tags & internal tags to outputs & use those in the program instead of the real I/O then do not call the block for simulation, then when you get to commissioning just enable the call to the mapping routine, what I do is give the internal tages almost the same name i.e. if the input is TK01_XV003_OP_PX Then the mapped tag becomes TK01_XV003_OP_PX_M ("M" for mapped) Simulators have the ability to force inputs on/off but this is rare in most PLC's.
I'm trying to simulate both the PLC and HMI, so instead of using memory tags i'll need to create new internal tags with similar names in the DB 'data block' then use those tags in the HMI

DB tags are internal memory the only difference is "M" memory is fixed & DB's are as created, TBH I don't know what the problem is, it's been some time since I used S7 simulator but never had that problem.

i have seen few tutorials on youtube they simply drag the Input TAG's from the program and drop it over the HMI elements to tag them, and that worked well for them, not same case for me i do have to use the 'M' memory tag's as inputs.
and i do supose that in real equipements it won't work because it'll need INPUT's not memory tags

In the HMI folder, open Connections.
Record the name of the Access Point of the connection.
Open Set PG/PC Interface from the Windows Control Panel, and adjust that access point to use the same network adapter that you use to download in Portal.
Relaunch the Sim and let me know if it works.

In the HMI folder, open Connections.
Record the name of the Access Point of the connection.
Open Set PG/PC Interface from the Windows Control Panel, and adjust that access point to use the same network adapter that you use to download in Portal.
Relaunch the Sim and let me know if it works.
i did check on what you have told me, I have found it the same access point as in Tia Portal "S7ONLINE".
so i guess a different method should be applied.

These are the used TAGs in PLC & HMI.

Attachments

• HMI TAGS.JPG
    HMI TAGS.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 5
  • MOTOR.JPG
    MOTOR.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 5
  • PLC TAGS.JPG
    PLC TAGS.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 5
  • START RESET.JPG