communication between Aveva InTouch HMI and TIA portal v18 (plcsim v18)

WHUSSAIN

hi everyone. i hope you guys are doing great. i am trying to built communication between aveva intouch hmi 2023 and tia portal v18. i dont have actual controller so i am using PLCSIM v18.

problem:
my intouch and tia are not communicating in virtual environment.

the things i am using:

1-intouch hmi 2023
2-tia portal v18
3-plcsim v18
4-nettoplcsim

things i did:
1- firstly i opened tia and opened a project with controller s7-1517H-3 (there is already some program made by other person in controller)
2- Set its IP 192.168.0.1
3- enabled use of clock memory bite
4-started simulation. plc sim opened started a new instance. downloaded the program and went online (i am literally a beginner in plc and with siemens)
5- now i disconnected my internet and removed the lan cable. went to network and sharing center there is an ethernet port 4 showing plc sim virtual. its ip is 192.168.0.8

6- pinged the 192.168.0.8 and its pinging. tried pinging 192.168.0.1 not pinging......
7-opened nettoplc and added the ip of controller and network ip and started the server.(at this point when it asked for port 102 i allowed and plc sim stopped working anyways i continued)
8- opened the smc now named as operations control management console (i already installed SIDIRECT when installing the InTouch) i added a new legacy connection.

9- entered the ip 192.168.0.8 and made a new topic name aaa and then in device items i entered the name of tag as Clock and in item reference added adress MW0 which was in watch table of tia.after that i made the connection active.

10- then i opened the intouch added a new access named s7. added topic name and in application name i added SIDIR. node name i left blank.

11- defined a new tag as integer and added access s7 and in item i wrote Clock same as i did in item refrence of SMC.

12- gave animation to a object for showing the integer but no communication.

now to me i could be wrong at multiple points

firstly why my plc sim stoped working when i used port 102 for nettoplcsim.

secondly why am i using nettoplcsim and if i start its server why cannot i ping the plc ip.

i am very confused. o_Oo_Oo_O
i dont know where i am going wrong. can somebody please help me communicate these two software.

I think You'll get better result if You use PLCSim Advanced instead of Nettoplcim on top of regular PLCSim.

PLCSim Advanced was designed for external communication and should work out of the box.