S7 TIA Portal v18: Does TIA Portal have a built-in HMI simulator?

Mas01

My PLC (S7-1200) and HMI (KTP-1200 Basic) has been delivered on-site to the customer.

To be able to do "off-line" updates to the code, I am using (or trying to use) PLCSIM.

The other problem I have is that I don't have the HMI any more.

Question: Is there an HMI simulator built into TIA Portal?
i.e. equivalent to finger taps on the real HMI, can I click buttons using a mouse on an HMI simulator window?

Thanks

Yes, essentially it uses the WinCC Advanced RT to execute Basic/Comfort/Adv projects. It was an option when you installed TIA, to automatically install the HMI Simulation/Runtime. There are a few subtle differences between PC based simulation and the real panel, but it's pretty good. They handle regional differences slightly differently (time format, money symbol, language, etc), and depending on your windows settings the text may be scaled wrong, but the overall logic is great for testing.

It'll give you a nag window about licenses periodically, but you can ignore it for simulation.

One thing to note as mk42 has stated, there are differences.

If you're using any VBA scripts in a HMI, note the differences between winCE commands and plain windows. As the simulator will run them as just standard windows and throw faults at CE specific commands.