Warm Standby Implementation PL7

atomtm

Hello everyone!
Can anyone explain to me , what the philosophy of redundant warm standby architecture is?
How are the inputs and outputs treated? ( I know there is a database exchange between Normal and Standby PLC , but I can't find any understandable :) information on how this works )
I am also reading about its minimal configuration , and it states that there has to be at least one FIPIO device connected to the network , although I have an application where there is no FIPIO devices . The only configuration made is the FIPIO on the processor which is in simulation mode. Would this suffice the requirements?

There are a lot of questions on this subject but didn't want the post too big.

Please if anyone could give me some information on the subject I would be more than grateful.

Thank you in advance

Anyone please?
This is really important for me to understand the general philosophy of a warm standby application!