STATUS FILE translating plc5-rslogix5000

joaco1993

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, I have a PCE instruccion error (PCE 103), due to the status file S[8] in plc5 when tralslating it to rslogix5000 . So my question is, how do I call this status file in rslogix5000 ??

Thanks!!

Welcome to the Forum !

The ControlLogix does not have built-in Status file tags like the PLC-5 and SLC-500 do.

Instead, it has system status and diagnostic objects that are accessible using the Get System Variable (GSV) and Set System Variable (SSV) instructions. These are well documented in the User Manual and in the Online Help, especially in the "GSV/SSV Objects" section.

There is not always an exact match between PLC-5 status objects and ControlLogix status objects because the two controllers have different operating systems. But we can get close.

In the PLC-5, S:8 is the "Last Scan Time" value, in milliseconds.

In the ControlLogix, the GSV instruction can be used to read the last scan time of a given Task. The GSV instruction will be targeted to the Task Object, and the name of the Task you want to read. The attribute will be the Last Scantime.

The scantimes in the ControlLogix are measured in Microseconds (.000001 second) instead of Milliseconds (.001 second), so you will have to adjust your logic to match.

Thanks for the quick response. I knew the thing about GSV but didnt know exactly how it was reffer the last time scan in the rslogix5000. I`ll read a bit more about this instruction . Thanks again!

Last edited:
Sorry again but ,What should I put in instance name ? I created a DINT tag called LastTimeScan to save the value in Dest. I attached an img so you can see.

Thanks!

Sin título.jpg

Note attached image

Start with the GSV command

Open 'Class Name' and choose 'Program' [Edit - choose 'Task']

Open 'Instance name' and choose the program whose scan you want to monitor [Edit - choose 'Main Task']

Open 'Attribute Name' and choose 'LASTSCANTIME'

Insert the DINT you have created to receive the information

GSV.jpg

Last edited:
Final question.. now I have a s:7 status problem which is, as I could found related to the 0-7 racks of the plc (PLC 5) . However I tried to search in the GSV block and couldt find nothing similar to this status error (RSLOGIX5000).