Example of Sonic welding logic

wingzz

I was sent some logic from Dukane that is supposed to control sonic welding by energy expended into the weld but I cant get it to work right.
Would anyone happen to have an example of any weld by energy sonic welding logic they wouldnt mind sharing

I attached the dukane logic they sent

Dukane sonic logic.jpg

I've only ever used welders in an automatic mode. The welder controlled all the parameters. I would trigger it and then read the result to determine weld success / failure.

James, yes its plastic auto parts
Dukane weld controller
controller is set to default and all control is via the PLC
It does take a PLC if your trying to let the user change the setpoints via an HMI and control the machine

Wingzz are you working for JCIM? I did a startup on a system last year and that logic looks almost there look at the Total power is 0.

Jeff
Dukane sends everyone the same sample logic.You will see the same logic all over the place. We use it quite a bit.

wingzz said:
...but I cant get it to work right...

Could you possibly expand on this? What's not working for you exactly?

I have some experience with ultrasonic welding, but not Dukane.

Regards,
George