PanelView 600 Upload

isteak007

I would like to upload a program form PanelView 600 (2711-T6C16L1) by using PCMCIA Card.

But the problem is that the LCD and touch screen is defective so is there any way to upload the program? so that i can download it to the new Panelview.

Thanks

Sorry, no, I am not that familar with the Panelview 600. Did anyone (such as the original Panelview programmer) keep a disk copy or print-out of the program?

Tell us us more about this PCMCIA card. Is it a PCMCIA to serial adapter?

Your PV supports DF1 protocol. What driver are you using in rslinx to get connected?

What comm port did the PCMCIA card take?
What cable are you using from the PCMCIA card's serial port ( if it has one)

Does you PC have a serial port? If not do you have a USB to serial adapter?

Do you have the software? ( Panelbuilder 32) ( RSlinx)

Last edited:
...but the problem is that the lcd and touch screen is defective so is there any way to upload the program? So that i can download it to the new panelview.
There once was a way in the older DOS systems:
You can also transfer applications in a panelview terminal to a memory card using the terminal’s memory card slot. See the PanelView terminal user manual for details. This method doesn’t require a separate card drive on your computer. Use the memory card to download applications to multiple terminals without a computer.

Use the panelview file transfer (PFT) utility to transfer DOS application files (*.pva) between a DH-485 PanelView terminal and a computer that does not have windows installed. Panelbuilder includes a copy of the (pft) utility.

Note: the PFT utility only works with DH-485 terminals. To download to a remote i/o terminal, you must use a DF1 driver.

Before transferring files using the PFT utility, disable all serial ports, and drivers (including the mouse and interchange or rslinx) that are using the same com port as PFT.

To use PFT on a computer that does not have PanelBuilder software installed, copy the following files from the c:\ab\pbwin directory to a floppy disk for transport to a DOS computer:
pft.exe Panelview file transfer dos utility
default.stp Panelview file transfer configuration file

pic485.exe Panelview file transfer pic module driver
kr.exe Panelview file transfer kr card driver

<app>.pva User panelview application file
Refer to the user guide (publication 2711-805) for instructions on using the PanelView file transfer utility to upload/download applications between the panelview terminal and a personal computer in the DOS environment.

Last edited: