Allen-Bradley Safety Switch Problem

mvaughan

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have an 440R-M233204 monitoring safety relay. The relay keeps dropping out and flashing the led 4 times. Searching AB website I found the fault code of "Solid state output switch fault", what exactly is it trying to tell me? This is the second relay today so it has been replaced once. Hopefully someone has ran into this before and has an answer. I don't find any thing else on AB's site other than the specific fault.

Thanks,
Matt

This is an MSR38 right (440R-M23204, removed extra '3')?

I don't know but my thought would be that it is not seeing the proper feedback, that "Solid state output switch fault" is AB lingo for "output monitoring fault."

Check to see if Y2 is properly connected (and the aux contacts of the external relay(s) is/are working) or Y2 is jumpered to A1 if no output monitoring is to be enabled.

Thanks for the response! I did schedule the machine down for today so we can check and tighten all terminals/devices on the machine. I will repost if we find anything obvious. Once again thanks! Yes, I did throw an extra 3 in there too...fat fingers...