FT View 7 Momentary PB

Basic refresher question. I have a momentary pushbutton on a display pannel. I need to read back a status from the PLC to change the state. So, in connections I have it setup like this:
Value = {(PLC)hmiStartPB}

My question is, in the indicator field on the connections tab, can I just reference the output HMI_Mode.Start or do I need to create some individual latching output to reference and use that latched output to power the Output HMI_Mode.Start?

------|hmiStartPB|-------------(HMI_Mode.Start)
or
------|hmiStartPB|-------------(Start)
(space for latch )|
------|Start|----------|

------|Start|-------------(HMI_Mode.Start)

Last edited:
You can reference which ever for the indicator.
You only need a latching circuit if you want the indicator to stay on.

Something like:

---/Stop PB/--|-|Start PB|---|---(HMI Mode)
.....................|...................|
.....................|-|HMI Mode|-|