Spike kills DH+ port - anyone fixed them?

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a bunch of PLC5/20 that all have had their DH+ ports damaged by distant lightning strikes at a remote station. Each time the PLC continues to work fine but wont communicate over DH+. Eventually we will find a surge suppressor or isolator that can prevent this but until then ...

Has anyone taken the time to fix this problem? I am about to open one up and begin that quest ( my background is bench tech for depot repair of diagnostic equipment) but if anyone already knows the chip and where to get replacements, I would love to know about it.

Similar Topics

Power pole fire seem to have corrupted a file or 2 in RSView32 works! what files can I safely delete that are recreated on startup? Our trendline...
Replies
Views
We have several output module 1756-OB32 that is used to turn on 24Vdc loads. One of the load is a vision capture system that gets a trigger from...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, What are the Necessary Skills and Softwares that an industrial automation engineer need to learn well and master ? Thanks in...
Replies
Views
This is the second time I ran into this. Really stumped me the first time and I had to flash a process back to V19. Only found this KB article...
Replies
Views
Hello all i started my current job april this year where i became the companys Main electrical guy and plc programmer, before that i was in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom