Vijeo HMI vda WebGate issue

PLCDude213

Hi all,

I'm very new to HMI's and totally new to Vijeo. I've been given the task of helping a company upgrade their Vijeo HMI's from Windows XP to new PC's with Windows 7. They've been using Vijeo Designer 5.2 in the past. I've run the 5.2 project in Vijeo Designer 6.1 with no problem, so that part of the upgrade seems to be an easy fix.

I've upgraded the project, connected the PLC to my PC and have built my target to a vda file. Now, I need to find a way to run my vda file on my Windows 7 PC and create a WebGate for testing. I wasn't provided with any software that Schneider sends with their HMI PC's except for Vijeo Designer. Does anyone know what program I should use to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I am not sure if this will help you, but i do have a simple executable that i install on my pc to communicate with my schneider hmi's through webgate. Without this webgate installer, it won't work.... Is this the program you are looking for?

Regards,

Arjen

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I got an image of their system from Schneider. It came with the Vijeo Designer Runtime (koohi.exe) program and also the Application Manager which is what I was looking for before to upload my .vda file. Are either of these the program you're talking about?

When I try to run either of these programs, I get this error message - "
Vijeo Designer Runtime failed to start. The equipment is registered with an incorrect Reference Number." Our Vijeo Designer is registered so I'm not sure what the problem is. Also, I made a mistake in my original post. We're using Designer 6.2 instead of 6.1

Hi there,

sorry for letting you wait, but here is the executable... just install it (takes a few seconds)
and away you go. Note: this only works with internet explorer. I am not sure if this is the answer to your problem, but let's give it a go and see how far you get...After installing this, just type in the HMI's IP adress in your browser searchbar.

">http://www.abbesturingstechniek.nl/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Vijeo_WebGate_Control.zip<"

Kind regards,

Arjen