S5-95U in RS232 with another PLC

Gdelawin

Dear All

I'm working on a project including a Siemens 95U PLC
I'm not not very good in programming that kind of PLC

My project is that with antoher PLC (Sofrel S550) in master mode, to read datas from the 95U (contained in the DB101).
I have also a CP521 as serial interface to make the comunication possible between the PLC.

I have any idea to make this communication possible

Is someone could help or explain me how to proceed please?

Exactly which kind of CP521 ?

There is (was !) CP521 SI

And CP521 BASIC. COM521 BASIC software.

Notice, I dont know anything in particular about CP521. I merely was able to find these manuals by 10 seconds of googling.

Also, I think it is not a good idea to invest a lot of time in a system based on S5 and CP521. S595U and CP521 are totally and hopelessly obsolete. So my best advice is to seriously consider to make this in another way, maybe a total replacement of the S5 PLC shoudl be considered.

Thank you so much for your help,

I know this is very obsolete but unfortunately i don't have choice with it :(

i'll come back here if i succeed to do something with that (yn)

I remember years ago ( early '90s ) using the CP521 to communicate to a Cardinal Scale.
the CP521 send out a poll request command, and received a response back from the scale. The PLC program then had to parse out the weight data from the received packet.

The CP521 uses an open serial interface, meaning you are going to need the communication protocol of the other device.

IMO , this will be a difficult task.

Hi guys
i succeeded to read parameters from my 95U
but now i comunicaete with the Serial Interface number 2

Reading and writing Words is OK
Reading bit is OK too
but i don't succeed in writing bits in the 95U
do i have some rules to respect?

I will be happy to read your comments if you have any idea