ASCII READ Error 0Eh on Micrologix1200

Wiggum11

I have a micrologix 1200 and I am trying to get a barcode scanner to talk to the COM 0 port. I know the scanner baude rate is 9600 because I pulled it off of an existing machine. The scanner is plugged into a null modem and then and the other end of the null modem is plugged into a1761-CBL-PM series C cable which is plugged into COM port 0. I have this same set up on a couple of micrologix 1400's and it works fine.
I channel 0 set up as follows:
Parity None
Termination1 \d
Termination2 \ff
Echo is not checked
XON/XOFF is not checked

I am using an ARD command as follows:
Channel 0
Destination ST9:0
Control R6:1
String Length 0
Characters Read 0

As soon as the rung goes true the Error 0Eh comes on and I never see the DN come on. I know this should be fairly simple because it works on my 1400's. Any ideas?

Thanks