Beckhoff PLC programming -- Small Job

dsprake

I am looking for some assistance making some minor changes to an existing structured text program on a Beckhoff PLC.

Not a very big job, and should be able to be done remotely.
- Need to add some I/O to the program (for cylinders & sensors)
- Need to add some logic for new features
- Need to make some changes to several screens

Programming was done in structured text.
I have source code, notes, schematics, etc.

Please contact me for more info or pass on any references if you are not interested.

Sincerely,
dsprake
[email protected]
Phone 847-543-8903

Last edited:
So what is the problem?
you will need the licensed programming software to change the program.
You will need to know the addresses where it all will be.
make a export of the software, for safety reasons.
as i am in europe i will not fly over, however i can be of assistance for finding problems etc.

I would say contact a Beckhoff representative. They were probably the most helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable techs I have ever encountered.

except for the people on here of course

you will need the licensed programming software to change the program.
This is not exactly true. Beckhoff TwinCAT is free when used as a programming environment. The only time you need to purchase a license is when you want to use the runtime on a PC. You can load the trial version and use it indefinitely as a programming tool for remote run times on other PCs or controllers such as the CX. After the 30 day trial, it only restricts you from putting the local run time into run mode.