wonderware - analog tag

lawpenkar

Hi there,

I am relatively new at PLC and HMI Programming.
I am trying to make a simple HMI graphic in wonderware.

Please see attached to understand the question better.

Once analog values are input for the Feet/ Inches, what should be my script in the "OK" for wonder ware to transfer these values to the PLC?

My PLC is AllenBradley (Contrologix 5000 v16).

thanks,

ScreenShot001.jpg

Thanks Bit_Bucket_07 for your response.

I am a bit unclear:
Does that mean that I have to define a new memory analog tag, in wonder ware?
And then copy that over to the PLC?

Right now, the tag is defined as I/O Real, Read Write and I am using the same tag name in the PLC as in wonderware...

Also, I assume that the memory tag should also have the same parameters as the I/O tag? Correct?

Thanks

If you want the operator to make a data entry that is not transferred to the PLC until a "confirm" button is pressed, then you'll need Memory tags to assign to those data entries. Then copy the Memory tags to the IO tags after confirmation is made. If you are using Real IO tags then you should also use Real Memory tags.